It was all smiles come Easter morning.
The look on Cody's face is pure joy, he can't believe he got the Lego Universe game.
We were ready, dressed in our Easter best and out the door by 7:45am to celebrate Easter Mass
in Emmett with the family. It was a beautiful way to start our morning.
Much to my family's dismay, it was time for pictures after church.
When Matt is in charge of the camera he doesn't wait for people to pose, or smile, or get ready
he just snaps away which drives me crazy. But this time he got a picture that really made me laugh.
This is the 'before' picture where Heath and I are threatening the kids to just stand still and
smile or else. I just don't understand why it always has to be so hard.
Stand-Smile-Done-Happy Mom
The 'after' picture where we pretend to be the perfect little family.
When Ryan first saw me all dressed in the morning he said to me,
"Oh, mom why do you look so beautiful." Too sweet.
So handsome all of my boys looked!
We had a wonderful dinner.
Even with Brooke and Tucker missing there wasn't enough room at the big table for everyone.
Ryan asked my mom, "Grammy when I'm twelve can I sit at the big table?"
The answer was yes so now he is on the countdown, he won't forget!
I love my family.
We have such a good time together, we laugh constantly and really enjoy each other.
Oh and we love to eat!
My mom made two hams, two large pans of scalloped potatoes and two angel food cakes
just to make sure we had plenty to eat and enough for us all to have leftovers.
She is so wonderful and we are such pigs!
As the rest of us were laying around in the grass pasture my boys were hunting for eggs.
There was plenty of eggs and candy but only one 'golden egg' for each of them.
Too bad the adults didn't get golden eggs too!
Uncle Matt was the Easter basket thief and Uncle Jim was fun to attack.
It is so funny that still to this day Ryan gets confused with who Uncle Matt and Uncle Jim is,
he is always calling them the wrong name; however it is not so funny that sometimes he confuses
Aunt Summer with them too, poor Aunt Summer!
The best part is looking through their stash of eggs.
The boys did mostly good at sharing their candy with everyone but
poor Grammy was wanting some chocolate and the only thing Ryan would
share with her was sour patch jelly beans!
What a blessed day we had!
















I love the family before and after pic...so true. I love how Heath had that look before. We do the same thing with them!
ReplyDeleteThat family before picture is awesome! Now that is real life. More people should show that on their blogs :)
ReplyDeleteYay! Another Easter post. Not very many people have posted about their Easter weekends. I LOVE that before family photo! So funny!! Looks like you guys had a great Easter Sunday!
ReplyDeleteThat's hilarious! I love how the boys are all smiling in the before picture while you and Heath aren't. Ha!!
ReplyDeleteCute Easter outfit! And the boys looks so handsome. Sounds like a nice day with family.
Great Blog Melissa...you make me want to live that day all over again! It was a beautiful and wonderful day...we missed you Brooke and Tucker.
ReplyDelete