Tuesday, April 17, 2012

shark frenzy

Ryan had his friends party 'shark style' on Friday.
You could find shark stuff everywhere so that made planning the party easy.
The actual party though was a different story, I learned a few things.
Friday the 13th is probably not the best day to have 11 kids at your house
Losing control of those kids within the first few minutes is never a good thing
add to that the weather not cooperating and some very loud and wild kids (mine included) 
can make for a very long one and a half hours.
So the party started with the kids coloring shark pictures which they always seem to love,
and then onto cupcakes and singing happy birthday.
Then it was outside to play musical sharks but it started to rain so that sent us to the garage.
The kids had to walk around while the Jaws theme was playing and when the music stopped they had to be sure to be on some kind of flotation device, fun right?
Well with 11 kids screaming and yelling in an echoing garage you can't hear the music so instead you have to say go and stop which isn't quite the same and then it doesn't take long before the kids become bored and we send them back outside where the flotation devices have now been turned into weapons.
We then moved onto the shark pinata which the kids were excited about.
I had wanted to fill it with the goody bags but they didn't fit so I filled it with salt water taffy instead, 
like any of them needed more sugar!
The kids each took a turn at whacking the shark and then collecting a little candy.
My favorite part of the party was the photo prop
 Finally it was time for presents, handing out goody bags and saying good-bye.
Ryan loved his party and his friends had fun so that makes me happy 
other than that I'm just thankful that it's done and over with.

2 comments:

  1. That was one dangerous party, Ha!
    We loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! If I ever do a shark theme day, I'm calling you to borrow that photo prop!

    ReplyDelete