Monday, November 19, 2012

quick catch up

  I don't know what I've been doing the last two weeks, 
obviously not blogging
so here is a quick catch up.
Ryan had a parade at school.
He had to make a float out of a shoe box.
We copied the same one we had done for Cody in first grade
and made a Lego brick.
Ryan was happy so I was too.
Being creative isn't my thing.
Luke has been bugging my mom about making a blanket with her,
so we met her at the fabric store.
Have I told you how much I hate these stores?
Anyway.
Ryan thought it sounded like fun too so he jumped on board with it.
He picked out his material right away.
Sharks.
Luke however took awhile, a long long while.
He reminded me of my sister from years ago
and I wanted to poke my eyeballs out.
Luke found the pattern print right away and knew that was the look he wanted
but there were too many other colors to choose from, oh my!
Then he found a fuzzy black material and the boy was in love, he wouldn't put it down.
Finally after some time and patience on my part Luke decided on the red
and the boy couldn't of been happier.
 Luke and Ryan went home with Grammy to stay the night
and to sew on their blankets.
They loved how they turned out
and I love that Grammy can teach them about sewing.
Cody and I met up with Heath after work for dinner.
I chose Mongolian BBQ.
I love that place
and I love to stack as much food as possible into my bowl
and I really love the leftovers the next day.
I was a happy girl.  
I met back up with my parents the next day to get the boys.
they had fun.
Cody got to spend the morning out shopping with me
he probably didn't have fun. 
Heath had to work
so he really didn't have any fun.
I had parent teacher conferences last week too.
The boys all did great.
Ryan is my little reader just like Cody
and likes to talk just like his momma
but is doing great in class.
Only bad news is that he failed his vision and hearing tests
so we have appointments next week to see what that means. 
 Luke is my math whiz
he loves numbers 
and the teacher was amazed at how he figures out his math problems
he's also quite the angel at school
respectful to everyone.
Imagine that.
Cody is my lover of school
he still loves to learn everything
maybe just not the new ways to do math though.
His teacher started crying during the conference
she really likes Cody and was so proud of his hard work.
He was the only student in his class to get straight A's.
I was so proud of all my boys.
One thing I wasn't so proud of was 
going to McDonald's five times within two days.
Thankfully it was mostly to get drinks and peppermint hot chocolates
but we did eat a couple of meals there.
It was most embarrassing when one of the employees had
recognized me from eating there earlier when I was in the drive thru.
Note to self
more home cooked meals this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment