Wednesday, December 1, 2010

fresh start

I was so excited for this morning.
December 1st starts the real countdown to Christmas
something the boys have been looking forward to.
There were many things that we were starting today
not only did we have the chocolate candy advent calendars
but I also had the LEGO advent calendar as a surprise for them.
Last year we received The Elf on a Shelf as a gift so the daily hiding of the
Elf that we named "Cotton Headed Ninny Muggins" from one of our all
time favorite Christmas movies "Elf" started today.
We are also going to read the book "What Color is Christmas" again
and following along with the daily bible readings and
lastly I wanted to teach the kids the Lord's Prayer (Matthew 6:10-15).

Now if that didn't sound like enough fun,
it was also a SNOW DAY!
Hooray for that and the nine plus inches of snow that we got!

Well I wish that I could say the day went as planned but with some
cranky, ungrateful, moody, disrespectful, bratty kids, it didn't.
They were sent to their rooms by 8:00 am
while I went to take a hot bath and read a People magazine.
A couple hours later we started our day with a fresh start and new attitudes
to enjoy all the snow with some of our best friends!

(So happy that Amanda had her camera out today!)


The rest of the day still had it's ups and downs
and like Cody said, "maybe today was just one of those days"
but thankfully tomorrow is a new day!

4 comments:

  1. I love the last picture of the kids with the dogs...don't you think the dogs just loved this day as much as the kids! Rest well my little one's and may our good Lord bless you while you sleep...sweet dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cotton Headed Ninny Muggins is the PERFECT name! I know someone else who got the Lego calendar today too. I realllly wanted to get it for the boys but I think Graham's just a little too little still to not leave it alone and that would definitely make the other two MAD!
    I'm sorry your day started out rough but aren't fresh starts the best? :)
    Great pictures of your fun with the girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for playing with us. The girls had a blast out there and loved the little slide you built.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys got great pictures! Looks like you had a blast!

    ReplyDelete