reading a card from Amanda that says, "Isn't it funny how the kids think we get together so they can play?"
having Cody tell us that sometimes on recess he sits next to the wall waiting to be the first one back in the classroom because he is excited about something they are going to start learning.
hearing Luke's coach refer to him as "Lukey"
after Cody saw how upset Luke was when he couldn't find his library book on library day, he went and talked with the Librarian himself to find out if Luke even had a book checked out and what it was, he didn't know that I had already gone in to check on it that same morning.
after Luke played a part in Ryan falling down on a walk, I told Luke that he was going to lose something for that, I didn't know what it was going to be but it was going to be one of his favorite things. Very matter of fact Luke replied, "Well your my favorite thing, so I lose you!" Normally this shouldn't make a parent smile but how could you not with that good comeback and just knowing my stubborn Luke.
Ryan finding a "pet" ant today and then losing it after it crawled up his arm and went in his armpit. Ryan took his shirt off looking all over for him but could never find where he ended up.
watching Cody playing pitcher (machine pitch) tonight in his game. catching a pop fly and without hesitating at all, throwing it straight to first and making a double play. we were all so excited and to see the look on his face was priceless.
counting the days of school we have left this year, Cody-17, Luke-8 and Ryan-5
sitting on my front porch watching the kids play and enjoying my flowers

That was just the perfect card for us!
ReplyDeleteAnd Luke's comment, it still cracks me up that he came up with that 'great' comeback. Ha!
Oh I wish we were there to have seen Cody, way to go!
Hurry up summer, I can't wait!